Start Today… Find Answers and Solutions
Below is a list of helpful links.
- Healthy Texas Women - access resources for women and children in Texas.
- The National Institute of Mental Health recently published Treatment of Children with Mental Illness. The informational packet answers frequently asked questions for parents trying to get help for their child.
- The American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry produced Facts for Families, a series of fact sheets that provide concise and up-to-date information on issues that affect children, teenagers, and their families. They are available in English and Spanish.
- We encourage parents and caregivers in our community to visit the National Association of School Psychologists website. They offer a variety of information from suicide and crisis to Special Education and 504 information.
- To help parents and providers helping children with various traumas please visit the National Child Traumatic Stress Network for resources, training and parenting tips.
- Visit USDA ChooseMyPlate.gov for information on how to help your family and children incorporate more nutritious foods into any meal.
- The Grant Halliburton Foundation is working to help people recognize the signs of mental illness, to help families know what to do before a treatable illness turns into a crisis, and to help young people feel free to ask for help and to know where to get it.
- Attorney General of Texas has resources for parents as well as for crime victims.
- Autism Speaks offers a variety of information and resources on autism spectrum disorders.
- Going to College with Asperger's and Autism offers information on making the transition from high school to college when you have been diagnosed with Autism or Asperger's.
Child Abuse and Prevention Links
- To report child abuse, call the Child Protective Services Hotline at 1-800-252-5400 or report online by clicking here.
- Signs of Child Abuse and Neglect
Parenting Resource Links
- Parenting Wisely Website and Online Program
- Total Transformation Program Website
- Total Transformation Empowering Parents Tips, Advice, and Help
- Baby Proofing & Child Safety at Home: A Complete Guide
- Tips for Parents
- For information about agencies and services, call 211 or visit 211Texas.org
- Grayson County Health Clinic is a Primary Care Medical Home for uninsured and under-served residents of Grayson County. For information call 903-771-2846 or visit graysonclinic.com
- Texoma Community Center can help with anything from crisis intervention to early childhood interventions. Find more information at texomacc.org. For emergencies call 1-877-277-2226.
- Grayson Crisis Center is dedicated to providing a safe haven, crisis intervention and comprehensive support services to victims of family violence and sexual assault. For emergencies call (24/7) 903-893-5615 or for more information go to graysoncrisiscenter.org.
- Legal Aid of North West Texas provides free civil legal services to low income residents. For more information call (toll free) 1-866-292-4636 or go to lanwt.org.
- Grayson County Children's Advocacy Center has resources for children who have been abused. To learn more go to cacgc.org.
- North Texas Food Bank provides food to residents in need throughout the Texoma area.